Villa Leoni is located in Ossuccio on Lake Como. The villa was commissioned by Raffaele Leoni and Diana Peduzzi for the Leoni Malacrida family, industrialists in the confectionery sector. The project entrusted to Lingeri, on the western shore of the lake, upstream of the Regina road, in a splendid offshore position, the villa dominates the basin with the Comacina island and the nearby Romanesque complex of Santa Maddalena di Ospedaletto.
In October 1841, the request for a building permit was presented that granted the authorization to pact the use of cement, iron and other non-self-sufficient materials is excluded. The moltrasio stone was used for the walls, which will only be partially plastered, pillars and stone sills of the Musso Quarries, floors of the S.A.P. brick with ribbing in stone, Valmalenco stone for the single pitch roof and wood for external and internal doors and windows. The project also included a sundeck in front of the main façade, but it has been deprived to leave an uncovered space to represent the positive relationship between architecture, the lake and the landscape. In the early nineties the villa was restored with necessary technological adjustments and a careful restoration of the original colors spread on the external and internal surfaces.
In the realization of the Villa Leoni project, the orientation has conditioned the construction of the building. The living room downstairs and the bedrooms upstairs open to the lake through large glazed surfaces, up to the limit of the load-bearing walls. The partly paved green patio is in close relation with the living rooms on the lower floor. From the atrium you go to a three-step staircase that goes from the ground floor to the bedrooms. Another accommodation, built during construction, is made autonomous by an external ladder. The colors of the villa derive from a chromatic study based on light gradation, the external façade is eggshell with pink and green details. The interiors are instead painted in soft colors in shades of blue, green and pink.