Villa Giulia is located in Bellagio on the splendid setting of Lake Como. The sober and balanced structure in neoclassical style is raised position compared to the peninsula. The villa overlooks both branches of the lake with a double perspective effect made possible by impressive works.
Count Paolo Venini dedicated the villa to his wife Giulia and had it erected on the site of the Camozzi family’s holiday home. The works ended only in 1806 and required the leveling of some areas surrounding the building. The scenic entrance, which slowly descends from the staircase towards the villa, with the facades facing the two branches of Lake Como, offers an extraordinary spectacle. After Venini’s death the villa passed to King of Belgium Leopoldo first, a true lario enthusiast, but who did not frequent the property very much. In 1865 it was sold and for a few years it became a luxury hotel until it was bought by a wealthy Polish banker. Baron Gary was looking for a quiet place for his sick long-suffering wife to reside. On the death of his wife, Villa Giulia was sold to the Romanian nobleman Enrico Kirakirschen, from which the current property came.
The main floor is characterized by large tympanum windows. The central body, with a low ashlar band, branch off into two wings whose decorations reproduce the main architectural motifs. The roof is decorated with a festoon with stone ornaments. Through a stone staircase, called a staircase, which starts from the dock of Loppia next to Villa Melzi, with eight hundred steps you get to the Italian garden with fountain. The other façade of the villa opens onto another large Italian garden with geometric and box flower beds, exotic essences and English lawns characterizing the entire garden. An olive grove has replaced the ancient orchard that was next to the stables.