Villa Cademartori is located in Blevio directly on the lake in a basin that takes the name of Girola, an area that is the result of an ancient landslide occurred around 1400. The villa consists of three floors with a turret on the right, the main floor is punctuated by a series of tympanum windows with a terrace with statues, supported by a Doric portico that builds a sort of pronaos for the main entrance. The park surrounding the residence is full of ancient trees including a huge plane tree and a precious cedar of Lebanon.
The Villa dates back to the 18th century and in 1842 it passed to Giorgio Mylius who bought it from the Artarias, one of the most famous publishers of the time. Mylius was a merchant and banker of German origin who commissioned an important campaign of restorations and renovations. The architect Giuseppe Balzaretti was in charge of the restoration, transforming the building into a sober, severe, but elegant building, taking care of the garden as well. After the death of Mylius, the villas moved to the second best Sophie Elisabeth Vonwiller who gave her to her son-in-law Corrado Cramer. The building was transformed into a neo-Renaissance style villa between 1864 and 1866 by architect Gottfried Semper. Also the architect Emilio Alemagna, former designer of Palazzo Cramer in Milan, participated in the second phase of the works by designing the stable and the driveway that, crossing a steep slope, connects the villa with the main road to Como. Later the villa became property of the Cademartori family. The last renovation and splitting up of apartments date back to the 1980s, thanks to the architect Margheritis.
From Blevio you can enjoy a wonderful view of Cernobbio, Villa d’Este and the Monte Rosa chain. Villa Cademartori is one of the most known and admired homes on Lake Como. The villa is less than 10 minutes from the city of Como and there is the possibility of staying overnight.