Villa Allamel in Cernobbio in the Province of Como is located near Piazza Castello and the Church of San Vincenzo. Originally took the no of Villa del Colle, then move on to Villa Lejnati and later Villa Allamel. The complex wanted by the Milanese baron Stefano de Colli was built in 1846 with a small outbuilding with access to the famous shore facing the marina.
In 1875 the banker Ignazio Lejnati became the new owner and then moved to the Allamel family in 1902. Famous in the field of dyeing they attracted a large number of customers including the industrialists of Como and other cities. With cutting-edge tools and machinery in the field of chemistry. In 1923 they installed a wrought iron lift in the villa as a symbol of modernity and avant-garde. The descendant Mario Allamel had kept in the villa the exclusive memories of the evolution of the world of weaving, dyeing and tourism of Como. There were numerous organized cultural and musical meetings organized in the vast garden by the count until his death in 2004. The villa passed to the nephews and was put up for sale.
The garden has numerous architectural decorations and from the elegant front of the villa houses a beech and a cedar, a mimosa and a magnolia. The front of the villa is covered with a vigorous wisteria that has taken possession of the pergola. A graceful climbing rose rests on the shelter, while the two lime trees climb up the hedge that divides the main garden with that of the outbuilding.
The famous dyeing company was created solely for the purpose of silk, gradually expanding its field of action, specializing in the dyeing and fixing of the shappe, which is still used today on a large scale in the manufacture of silk fabrics. In 1905 he opened a plant for the mercerization of cotton yarns, with perfect machines and a modern plant. Alamell dyeing set up in the Central Pavilion of the Milan Exhibition of 1906 a small department that reproduced the processes of dyeing with tanks, color, silk skeins and workers intent at work.