The Seat of the Italian Lario Motonautica Association is located in Tremezzo on Lake Como and is one of the most famous works of Lingeri. The association, which since the 1920s promoted the sporting event on the lake, needed a stable location, on the western bank of the Bolvedro torrent the headquarters were built by architect Lingeri, a supporter of the principles of the new Italian rationalist current.
The structure of Italian Lario Motonautica Association is characterized by an advanced body closed in a semicircle almost like a tower and a semicircular projection with respect to the parallelepiped towards the lake. On one side there are the stairs on the opposite side of the terrace block, a portico and a nautical workshop. The side façade is crossed by a continuous walkway, on the semicircular part of the head there is instead a staircase that follows its course and proceeds towards the beach. Three roads following the lake joining three different routes; the first open connects the Regina street with the lake through the body of the stairs; the second path of the terrace and descending towards the lake through a spiral staircase; the third is a mechanical path for boat maintenance.
The terrace, placed over the roof, goes beyond the parallelepiped which is used for the command post and race forum for the spectators. On the shore of the lake are the diving board and the metal rail for the recovery of the boats, which enter the workshop through a diagonal angle to decrease the slope of the path and the space occupied. The ground floor is partially underground and is in close relationship with the lake and the motorboat activity; while the first floor is related to the entrance of the road.
The Italian Lario Motonautica Association was inaugurated in 1931 but due to economic problems it will be dissolved. The building became the residence of the rowing champion Sandro De Col who in 1947 transformed it into a private villa. At the lower level the nautical activity was maintained updating the technical systems removing the superficies and cleaning the external finishes that have returned the original image of the work