You can move from the shores where you live the sweet life in the most luxurious villas (strife now to the sound of millions from movie star and large industrial worldwide) and in 5 star hotels, from Villa d’Este at Grand Hotel Tremezzo, places a luxurious stay and holidays from class d’antan, to go to the discovery of the wildest places, mountains, ancient abbeys, beaches forget, old countries whose style of life seems never change.
1) Few places are the most charming Villa Balbianello, on the tip of a wooded promontory in the heart of the Lario, immersed in a park that unites the care and elegance of the Italian garden and the romantic notes of the English garden. … and is true, the lake in some memorable day may seem a world apart and dreamy, even if it is very funny to people who are familiar with these places and people who live there to think of the row of trucks of the entire crew of Star Wars that gear on its narrow streets and earmarks in these countries.
2) Beautiful make a trip to Bellagio and drink an aperitif in one of the bars of the along the lake.
3) Are the famous gardens of Villa Melzi always at Bellagio, and faced on the other side – the “enemy” in beauty and art (the two owners you spied mutually with the binoculars to check that a villa did not exceed in charm the other)-,
4) Villa Carlotta in Tremezzo, to see when the garden blooms of azaleas in May, and that preserves a collection of art including the Statue of Palamede of Antonio Canova and a copy of “Amore e Psiche “approved by the same sculptor.
5) Isola Comacina Island, the only one of the lake, the remains of ancient churches will tell you when the inhabitants sided with the Milanese against the comaschi Barbarossa and the island was given to the Flames in 1163.
To know (SOME ADDRESS MORE)
if you were never in Como and its lake, dedicate at least a day to the city: its historic center, still closed in the original medieval walls and towers on plant of those in Rome is one excheckr tracks perfect for strolling and watch shops. Revenue in the Church of San Fedele, one of the most beautiful in the city together with Sant’Abbondio, icon of the romanesque style just outside the walled city.
For those who stay on Lake there is nothing better than taking a boat (also for rent, for example herein, and without a boat license) and leave a crack, stopping from country to country in restaurants or for a drink at the Lido of Lenno.
It is only a map of places to have some reference, although as always there is nothing better than to start to follow the Strada Regina (Longobard Teodolinda) that from Como dates from the western shore of the lake toward the Alps, to find your and only your places of the heart.